Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:39:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Eric Foley wrote on 04/16/2009 01:52:41 PM:

> I have a single, and very simple objection to the idea of combined
> fighters, at the very least allowing it cheaply, probably at all:
> heavy + interceptor = you win absolutely every dogfight.  We had
> very few house rules in our games beyond the basic rules sets
> throughout our gaming group's history, and disallowing heavy
> interceptors was one of the first.  Allow complete mixed role
> fighters for any kind of cost effectiveness and throwing torpedo,
> attack, or both on top of that becomes your unstoppable Munchkin.
> Thanks, but no thanks... and this is coming from one of the most
> manic carrier buffs on the list, for what that's worth.

My experience wasn't near as painful, but for a very limited period a
long
time ago, and I will bow to your knowledge.

emu2020 on 04/16/2009 02:16:45 PM:

> When it comes down to it, use the rules you want and have fun with it.

Definitely, even for the combined fighter; still, I'd hope the rules
would
have strong warnings of fromage issues.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters