Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:36:54 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

Hugh Fisher wrote:

> >Nice, but I have 1 question.
> >
> >Why are ships now limited to only even Mass over 10?
>
>I've always thought the free B1/PDS/armour grade you can get
>by going from even to odd mass is a bit of a munchkinism.

Depends entirely on *which* even to odd Mass step you're looking at.
Eg.,
for many ships (particularly Thrust-4, FTL-capable ones), the FB1/FB2
design rules usually cause the step from TMF N4 to N5 to *lose* you 1-2
Mass worth of armament, hull or armour instead...

Also, this example from p.41:

>Thus the smallest possible FTL-drive ship is actually a mass 3 scout or

>courier boat, that will use 1 mass for hull integrity, 1 mass for FTL
>drive (the smallest unit available) and 1 mass for main drive (for
which
>it could get thrust-6).

isn't entirely correct, due to the order of multiplication and rounding
when you determine the size of engines and screens, the TMF-3 ship can
get
thrust-*9* from its single-mass Main Drive (3*0.45 = 1.35, which rounds
down to 1).

>The Fleet Book ships have even masses,

The *FB1* ships all have even masses. Not all of the FB*2* ships do,
though.

Regards,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions