Prev: Re: [GZG] Rules: Fast and Dirty, 4th edition Next: [GZG] extreme sheep

Re: [GZG] Rules: Fast and Dirty, 4th edition

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:20:49 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Rules: Fast and Dirty, 4th edition

G'day,

> Playing FT (as an aside), I've seen some people take
> forever to be ready for a turn. Ref's often remind me
> 'now it is time to plot your movement' and I reply
> 'I've been done for several minutes now'. Play groups
> all get used to moving at some sort of pace which isn't
> always a reflection on the game - it can be a reflection
> on the nature of the players or their aptitudes for some tasks.

We weren't super strict about being fast to write orders etc (no timer
or anything) but if someone was lagging for no good reason they'd get a
gentle reminder and then not so gentle ones. For one particular gamer
who was pretty bad at it we started instituting "sin chips" (if you need
to be prodded to get a move on you got a chip). Person with the most sin
chips at the end of the game bough the beer next time ;)

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] Rules: Fast and Dirty, 4th edition Next: [GZG] extreme sheep