Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: [GZG] Help with 15mm Landing Gear

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:24:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

Well, Legends of Galactic Heroes, mentioned in FTII, have fleets in the
tens of thousands, combined crews in the millions (NOT fighters, but
ships). The anime attempts to capture the concept visually as grids of
dots
with a haze in the background for parts.

Strangely, the combat tends to bring Napoleonic maneuvers to mind...

I think one of the other series (late in the AT Votoms string?) tried
the
same thing, much more of a bounded 'cloud' effect, though.

> Allen: I would kill for a game that did Iain Banks' Culture series
justice...

At some point, the whole 'We brake for nobody' gets a bit silly. Still,
haven't read, I can't judge.

The_Beast