Prev: Re: [GZG] pds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: "Thomas Pope" <tpope@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:36:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

> 'What's that batting stretched across the table?
> Nebula? Dust cloud?'
>
> 'Nope, it's the launched Cylon Ready 5...'

Way back in my optimistic days (of last month) when I thought they only
had something like 300 fighters, I had this crazy plan to buy up scads
of fighters from Bergstrom and try to do a full set.

Of course, it didn't take long to come to my senses.  While I could
paint up a ton of raiders with a basecoat/wash, I'd have to do the viper
striping by hand, and they'd probably take me 15 minutes each.

Didn’t take long to do the math, even with the much more sane estimate
(varies depending on where you look) of "only" 80 vipers onboard.

...and 452 PDS mounts.	:-)

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Galactica_type_battlestar

One of these days I'll scale everything down to something manageable and
start the project.

> Damn, been TOO long since you posted! Start making a
> habit of it again. ;->

I haven't gone away, just been lurking, and life has remained
"interesting" for far too long.  But I'll see what I can do.  :-)

Tom

Prev: Re: [GZG] pds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars