Prev: Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US? Next: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XII: Sunday Morning AAR

Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US?

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 04:06:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US?

think it was 8 or 9 years ago there was a GZG WCC. Ted Arlauskas went
through the pains of organizing it. I don't remember the exact details,
but
a dozen or two people showed up maybe? And the venues available to
him/them
were prohibitively expensive. So much I think there was talk of a WCC
II,
but it never happened.

And if it did, my memory on it is faulty and fuzzy. I know there was
nothing
after that.

Combining GZG and Traveller into a single convention may help mitigate
the
costs, and therefore might not be a bad idear.

Mk

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
wrote:

> Funny you mention that, we have been kicking the idea around for a
while.

> Both GZGs and Traveller have Conventions in the same hotel in
Lancaster, PA
> , but at different times of the year. We are considering doing the
same but
> combine both into one event out here in/around Silicon Valley.
Possibly to
> coincide with TravellerCon in October.
>

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 20:11, <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>

>> For years I have participated on this list and it strikes me that
there
>> really doesn't seem to be much of anything for GZG events on the West
Coast.