Prev: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:01:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM, John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:
> Given that the hitting power of current heavy sniper weapons is
sufficient
> to disable engine blocks of trucks, how tough would body armour have
to be
> to survive an enhanced version of that weapon? Even if the round did
not
> penetrate the concussive force transferred to the body is still going
to be
> unpleasant.

It depends on a number of factors.  Sure, you can build a fairly
primitive weapon that barely qualifies as a "small arm" in order to
punch power armor.  But that's going to be big, rare, expensive,
nearly static. . . And anyone who doesn't have one is going to refuse
to face those Star Vikings or flee at the first taste of plasma.

But those are going to be handled under the heavy weapon rules or a
variation on the sniper rules, not the regular rifle rules.

I imagine that you could work out some special scenario where those
hordes of untrained rabble firing weapons that make noise but have not
battlefield effect could have an impact on the game.  But I'd rather
leave that to the imagination of the scenario designers than for Jon
to waste time, effort, and ink writing rules for the oddball who wants
to try out games integrating Space Marines with pike and shot
regiments.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels