Prev: Re: [GZG] Kar Vak Beasts Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:23:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:

> On the one hand, you have some arguing "bolt action rifles versus
> power armour does not make a realistic game". At the same time, we're
> talking about a game with plasma guns.
>
> This happens all the time on this list. Passionate arguments for
> realism in one aspect of the rules while easy acceptance of pure
> fantasy in another aspect of the same rules.

I sincerely hope you aren't attempting to paraphrase me.

I didn't make that argument.

I argued that weapons incapable of penetrating the armor of first-line
troops at the default tech level need not be modelled, as they will
have essentially no effect.  I also argued that men armed with weapons
incapable of hurting their enemies will break and run and cannot be
made to face said enemies.

It is a slightly more nuanced argument.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Kar Vak Beasts Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels