Prev: Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives Next: Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives

Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:39:47 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 06:50:05PM +0000, Ground Zero Games wrote:

>Yes, I'd agree with Tom's assessment - the point the article is
>making, I think, is that the arming mechanism relied on a very simple
>and not-terribly-secure lock, without even a double-key system, which
>implied that we were pretty confident that no British officer was
>going to go all Doctor Strangelove on us....  ;-)

Also so that we could set them off without first getting the Americans'
permission, which is what a PAL system would in practice have involved.

(There is a recurring rumour that our Vanguard-class boomer captains are
commanded to launch on their preset targets if The Archers is not
broadcast on schedule for two days in a row. Non-British people, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers .)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives Next: Re: [GZG] [ot] need help of UK natives