Prev: [GZG] 15mm Vehicles: What are they made of? Next: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

From: "Kenneth Coble" <kmcoble@g...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:42:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

> Nice start with the houserules, look forward to seeing how the
> develop......

Thanks!  Once I can finally decide on which faction's minis I want to
represent the Imperial Terrans, and which faction for one of the Houses,
I'll be ordering my stuff! Hopefully once that happens I can get some
table-time in with the new ruleset and report back here on how they
fare.
Meanwhile, for future purchases some be-jetpacked infantry would be a
nice
option (hint hint, hehe)...

> Just on a (rather UNimportant) question of terminology, I'd always
> considered that "LIFT Infantry" in TRAVELLER terms referred to the
> fact that they were regular infantry mounted in Grav vehicles, rather
> than being individually grav-equipped troopers (a bit like present
> day "motorised infantry" don't actually have a lawnmower engine
> strapped to their backs.... <grin>).
>
> Jon (GZG)

Ahh, good point!  It has been a long time since I looked over any of my
Trav
stuff, and I do think you're remembering the terminology correctly and
I've
got it scrambled.  But am I remembering correctly that in at least one
iteration of Trav (possibly GURPS Trav?) there were mentions made of
high-tech Imperial forces utilizing grav belts with really, really long
loiter times?  If not, that might change my setup for the 'hightech'
grav
rules, as that was my main 'data point' for that section of the rules.