Prev: [GZG] SG2 Multi-Fig Basing? Next: Re: [GZG] 6mm Stargrunt

Re: [GZG] 6mm Stargrunt

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:19:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] 6mm Stargrunt

TomB wrote:

>I briefly toyed with mounting every figure via a brass rod peg
protruding
>from the base and a hole in the middle of each 'figure space' in Jon's
>bases. When I realized the accuracy I'd have to develop in drilling to
get
>this right, I sort of abandoned the plan.

Not that much if you make a set of "drill masters". Take a single base
and
drill a hole straight through that base as close to the centre as you
can
manage. This is your master for drilling holes into the infantry
figures'
base plates

Next, take the base plate from a broken infantry model (c'mon, you must
have *some* figures that broke off at the ancles that you never bothered
repair...!), put it in the master base and drill from the base through
the
"figure". This is your master for drilling holes into the multi-figure
bases.

Make sure you mark both bases very clearly so you don't mislay them by
mistake... :-/

'Course, blu-tack works OK too :-p

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone (or whatever other holidays you're
currently
celebrating)!

/Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: [GZG] SG2 Multi-Fig Basing? Next: Re: [GZG] 6mm Stargrunt