Prev: Re: [GZG] Long Range Scanning - Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 06:28:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

am in general agreement with Robert. Seems to me that it's more
parsimonious to "flip the ship" using thrusters and use the main drive
to change the movement vector. Even naval architects working with naval
construction budgets have to save mass where possible, or else we could
just take Doc Smith to the logical limit and drive our planets around
the galaxy. ;-)

The shiphandling requirements would be trivial, but would also give
officers something to grade junior officers on beyond spit and polish.

Best,
Ken