Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

Re: [GZG] Long Range Scanning - Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@s...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:15:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Long Range Scanning - Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

gotta throw my two cents in.  :-)

Sure, technology is going to advance for long range scanning, detecting
for incoming K'V.....  but what if the Ixx are already here?

If you're assuming large, asteroid sized ships, non FTL capable, perhaps
they could be disguised in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter?
Or perhaps they ARE the belt?

Imagine the belt being seeded with Ixx hive ships (or, perhaps, hive
eggs would be a better description.)  and only recently are they coming
to maturation and activating/awakening.

Perhaps this is why the K'V are actually pushing toward the core worlds.
 (Haven't followed the history much, but if they've invaded to Mars,
that shoots some big holes in my theory.....)  To stop the Ixx
infestation  (Giving it a sort of Aliens/Predator flavor..... or
probably more accurately, a Zerg flavor for the Ixx)  Or maybe they're
joining the Ixx.  Who knows?  :-)

So all the early detector sensors are pointing too far away..........