Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:48:53 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

s not meant to be snarky.

In a roleplaying game it's very useful to have loads of alien species
that will ally with you and provide different NPCs to interact with. In
a wargame you want loads of different enemies that create interesting
wargames.

Who wants to by an army load of Ixx if their special rule is "peace
breaks out" and on a 4+ the game ends because the diplomats make peace.

As I said makes for a great role playing game but not such a good
wargame.

Most of the back stories I have read have not been completely pointless.
Nomadic world ships that are impinging accross the GZG universe isn't
pointless, nor were the discussion about potential motives.

The closest thing to snarky I saw in the thread was someone saying
"Don't make the Ixx too apocalyptic because that would be too like
GW".

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>

Sounds potentially useful in a roleplaying game but less so in a wargame
that's about selling models for cool games.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?