Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:47:07 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Damo <damosan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I thought of the Ixx in the middle of a nasty hive versus hive civil
war
> that destroyed their homeworld. They are now looking, on a hive by
hive
> basis, for anyone that would help. They then befriend humanity. Or,
rather,
> they befriend the first group of humans that they come across that
they
> think they can trust.
>
> Say the first group encounter the NSL. The NSL now have a powerful
ally.
> Then another hive ship shows up and runs into NAC territory. Now you
have
> Ixx and NAC versus Ixx and NSL. You can do a credible Ixx versus Ixx
combat.
> The reason the hive ships are all now starting to show up all at once
is
> because their home planet was wrecked in a cataclysm and the hives all
left
> at about the same time.
>
> Maybe even some of them befriend the alien races, too (but maybe not,
oh,
> the Phalons, because they look too much like a predator on their now
extinct
> home planet, or soemthing like that...).
>
> The Ixx are no longer stereotypical "bugs" but actually they're close
> allies, allies who hate certain members of their own kind.

I was thinking that the loyality of the Ixx, maybe on a hiveship by ship
basis, is determined by the quality of resources the other race gives
the
Ixx access to.	The quality of resources could also determine the
quality
of Ixx ground troups and ships.

You can have this 20% of the asteroid belt but we can't help you mine
it.
vs
here's 100 million tons of various stuff.  Go away.  There's a nice
juicy
system over there.  (Yeah, that system belongs to our enemy but we're
not
telling you that.)

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?