Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:46:46 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

>I think this comes down to how modular is accomplished. There is no
reason
>that the module couldn't dock up with the cockpit once engaged. A
pressure
>door could seal the two compartments away from one another, but still
allow
>access in case of emergency or for the crew chief to check things on
>missions.
>
>-Eli

The point is more about the design of the Mantis gunship cockpit;
it's a narrow tandem seat module accessed via an opening canopy, not
a "flight deck" like a Huey or Blackhawk with two side-by-side seats
and room for someone to squeeze between them from the rear
compartment.....

I think that for this particular design, I'm going to stick with the
current cockpit and a small separate troop pod (for around 8 grunts)
behind it; I may at some point also do a slightly larger VTOL with a
more conventional layout.

Jon (GZG)