Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:12:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

I think this comes down to how modular is accomplished. There is no
reason
that the module couldn't dock up with the cockpit once engaged. A
pressure
door could seal the two compartments away from one another, but still
allow
access in case of emergency or for the crew chief to check things on
missions.

-Eli

"In my experience (limited) pilots are "Bus Drivers", we only see them
during
the lift, if then.  I would expect some mobility for the crew chief to
move
about the cabin in order to check/adjust things.  Modular sounds good in

concept, but I think fails in execution."