Prev: Re: [GZG] SGhouserulesfortheIXx [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <jaime.tiampo@g...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:17:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

> Sounds good.
>
> What about adding details to the nuts themselves? If they fit right
you
> could easily dress them up with styrene forms and other bits.

Well I want to get rid of the rounded corners at the ends, not sure if
that'll be harder then just framing a new hex box. I'm going to fiddle
with
the nuts first though.

> As far as the cons go, it's cool. I seldom make them myself. Family
stuff,
> time, resources etc. We played a few games about 8 years back at
NorWescon
> and I thought it might be cool to meet the new UNSC in action.

Ditto. I do get down to Seattle now and again. Might be able to talk the
wife into letting me out for a few hours on one trip ;-)

> Congrats on the second kid, btw.

Thanks ;-)

Ok back on topic. New photos up:
http://picasaweb.google.ca/jaime.tiampo/Miniatures#
I've mocked up a couple of primary details for the rings and to test
them
out. I've also switched up the carrier module a bit. I think I prefer
the
new way which is 4 launchers. I can still make a 2 launcher module to
fill
the in the space and to use as say the launch system for a single
fighter
bay or support for an lander module.

I didn't get around to making the smaller ring or detailing the nuts.
Colbert Christmas came on and I had to go watch ;-)

Jaime

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't
remember if
it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.
   George Burns

Prev: Re: [GZG] SGhouserulesfortheIXx [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)