Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

From: mxconnell@o...
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:54:04 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

e you considered laminating multiple 0.5mm strips? Try stacking two or
more pieces wrapped around a tube and hitting them with a hot liquid
cement such as Tenex. The bond might help to hold the shape.

Also consider what stresses might be in the styrene sheet from the
manufacturing procees. I'd try either putting the strips with the same
side put face to face (counter act built in stress) or cutting from a
sheet with one strip cut north/south and the other cut east/west (two
different stress profiles). Or hopefully the agressive adhessive might
reduce stress.

Hmm, let me know if that description was at all clear, I could knock out
some sketches if I am being less than articulate moment....

Martin

Regards,
martin