Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <jaime.tiampo@g...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:32:59 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

2008/11/21 Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@ntlworld.com>:

> You could try something like model rocket tubing. I know at least one
> manufacturer makes what it describes as "2.1" diameter tube", though
they
> tend to quote internal diameter rather than external; the ID is 54 mm,
BTW.
> It might be a little large for your purposes, and you do have to buy
it in
> 3-foot lengths... How many of those are you planning to make? :-D
>
> Might be worth a try. I have plans to get some nominally 1.1" tube as
the
> basis for a mini of INSS Lenin, but I have to find or work out
something to
> use on the ends... :-\

Well I hope to only have to produce 1 or 2 and then cast the rest ;-)

I might try looking for some model rocket body tubes. I don't think
the local shop carries them but you never know. I'm going to try the
hot water bath first. If I that works it means I can add a bunch of
detailing before instilling the curve which will make the detail stage
easier.

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't
remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.
    George Burns

Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)