Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT Next: Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT

Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@r...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:39:55 GMT
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT

In message <e905d33f0810301338r7de7b354lc9a8b93d55c424cb@mail.gmail.co
m>
	  "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@hyperbear.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Charles Taylor
> <nerik@red-squirrel.com> wrote:
>> White Dice with 3 blank faces, 2 faces with 1 'blast' each, and 1
face
>> with 2 'blasts'
>>
>> Does that last one sound familiar - yup, its the same as a Full
Thrust
>> beam dice rolled against a target with no screens.

> The only problem is figuring out how to modify a dice roll so that a
> "4" becomes a miss...

With these you could probably use a permanent marker - bit tedious if
you're doing a lot of them.

> I bought the game at GenCon but could only get one starter. I need
> another starter pack for my son and I to play it effectively. It's not
> exactly deep, but it is a lot of monster-stomping fun...

On a tangental note, and I'm sure this has come up somewhere before
(probably from me), but has it been suggested to Jon about having some
'official Full Thrust beam dice' made? (If someone could come up with
a simple, obvious way of displaying the effects - as you mention, how
do you represent '1 damage unless the target has screens' for example?

--
Charles
When you said he was acting odd, you did not specify "Miniature

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT Next: Re: [GZG] [OT/FT] Monstrapocalypse dice and FT