Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:09:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Then of course there seems to be that trick from Afghanistan that made
them useable as a crude form of anti-aircraft weapon. Was that trick
previously covered on this list or another

> What trick, pointing them in the air, launching a lot of them, and
praying to Allah while really relying on the fact that with enough
launches SOMEONE will get lucky?

I used to paintball with a lad who'd served as an allied war
correspondent
with the Mujahadeen during the war with the soviets. Before they got a
boatload of stingers, they had real threats from the Hinds. One of their
interesting tactics to utilize available gear was to lure the Hind into
mountainous valley, conceal RPG gunners along the edges of the hills,
and
fire RPGs down into the rotor blades. I seem to recall him telling me
he'd
watched this occur and work successfully. He was also lethally quiet in
woodsball and had a deadly first shot. He said when Hinds were hunting
you,
you learned to be quiet and fast or you might not still be around.

TomB

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead."  --  Thomas Paine

   Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question