Prev: Re: [GZG] Mt Dew.... Nectar of the Gods..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:16:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

I'm comfortable with mixing and matching; however, I like having the
same figures across scales. It is hard to get the same figure at 15mm
and 6mm so when I find something like that I get really interested.
With space ships, I mix and match all the time. Scale is much less
important there. The ship's look matters more, but I've found that you
can find many ships in many lines that complement one another nicely
(painting helps here).

Honestly, the real value of having something labeled ESU or NAC or NSL
is that you have a common stylistic theme across the whole line. With
NSL, for example, you get blocky, solid designs. If there's only one
option for a "wheeled" chassis, then you get a lot of uniformity on
the table. I say this even though I like modularity.

So I guess what I'm saying is that from a fashion perspective, I think
that having a faction in mind when you design a vehicle is a good
organizing principle for the figure's overall look.