Prev: Re: [GZG] Mt Dew.... Nectar of the Gods..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

Re: [GZG] Mt Dew.... Nectar of the Gods.....

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:05:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mt Dew.... Nectar of the Gods.....

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM,  <VinsFullThrust@aol.com> wrote:
>> Hell, if Coke can clean toilets, and the acids eat up a steak off the
bone,
>> maybe I will give it a shot at pain removing    LOL
>
> Most of the stories involving Coke are urban legends...

So there I was, victim of a catastrophic failure in the hydraulic
system of an AVLB, that involved probably twenty gallons (in metric,
"one hell of a lot" of liters) or so of 10W soaking me from head to
boots.

I set my subordinates to cleaning up the mess, immediately departed
the motorpool, and returned to my quarters.  Now, I had been tossing a
can of Coke in the washing machine with oily coveralls for some time
now, but that was incidental oil.

This called for a two liter bottle of Coke, mostly full, poured into
the sink and cut half with water.  I put everything I was wearing
except my boots in the sink, took a shower, put on clean uniform, and
returned to the motorpool.

The coveralls and boxers came out like new, you could never tell they
were soaked with oil.  The boots were never quite the same, but they
were old, ratty motorpool boots anyway.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mt Dew.... Nectar of the Gods..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?