Prev: Re: [GZG] GenCon? (was Re: Historicon '08) Next: Re: [GZG] GenCon? (was Re: Historicon '08)

Re: [GZG] Tasteful jokes Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO and other deployed TROOPS!

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:01:47 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tasteful jokes Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO and other deployed TROOPS!

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:
> Well put! However, I thought most Canadians considered Molson the real
> joke...

There are worse jokes . . .

There was this farmer on the south shore [the part of Quebec that
borders the USA] that would go to Vermont to drink, as that was where
the closest bar was to his home.  Each night he showed up, he would
ask for anything but beer.  Finally, the barkeep asked him what was
wrong with the beer.

" I tried the beer, once, and it was so bad that I kept a sample and
sent it off to the government labs.  The letter that I got back said
'Dear sir; your horse has diabetes.'.

There were a number of really good beer ad campaigns.  The "I
amCanadian" and heritage minute spoof ads were both good.

Flying off on a tangent, the Heritage Minute short involving the
Halifax Blast shows how much drama you can pack into sixty seconds
http://www.histori.ca/minutes/minute.do?id=10203

Prev: Re: [GZG] GenCon? (was Re: Historicon '08) Next: Re: [GZG] GenCon? (was Re: Historicon '08)