Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@comhem.se> wrote:
I suspect that that would only prolong the agony. StarFire FTL travel is

restricted to the WP choke points, and because it is StarFire combat is
extremely attritional. That's the core of the StarFire background, so if

you change that... it is no longer StarFire.

(snip)

Given StarFire's attrition-style warfare, once one side - whether the
Alliance or the Bugs, doesn't really matter - gets the upper hand it
will
almost inevitably *retain* the upper hand.

  (snip)

Later,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Wayne Hughes argues in Fleet Tactics (and the updated Fleet Tactics and
Coastal Combat--I have the original, but not the updated edition) that
"attack effectively first" is the sine qua non of modern naval combat.
Once the numbers favor a given side, that side will inevitably prevail
assuming it presses its advantage.

  Best,
  Ken

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)