Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 05:55:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)

Combat is the ultimate argument of nations, economics only sets the
parameters of the combat. Good fighting overcomes economics
frequently. Having all the resources in the world is useless without
fighting men capable of turning that into effective combat results.
Look at the American Civil War--until the Federal army could develop
into a capable force under fighting generals who could use it
effectively, all the numbers of bodies and cannons and supplies
couldn't beat Bobbie Lee.

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

  John--I take it you're not a fan of JFC Fuller's take on Grant and
Lee, then.... ;-)

  Ken

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier) Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Books (Weber/White/Meier)