Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Not arguing that point. But to look at it in game terms, I'd have to
guesstimate that 100 lbs of explosive is likely to be something like an
HE/8 or HE/10.	Even using a D6 impact for the HE, that's a LOT of
damage potential.  I doubt that anything but a very heavily armored
vehicle would survive.

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:47 PM, John Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu>

> wrote:
>

>> I guess it kind of depends on whether IEDs are *directed* blasts.
>>

> 100 lbs of explosives going off under your track is not going to do
> anything to raise morale -- directed or not.	Against lightly armored
> vehicles (2 or less) I would say you'd pretty much instantly have a
> mobility-kill situation on your hands.

list
> Gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS