Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:11:59 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

On 7/15/08, Damond Walker <damosan@gmail.com> wrote:

> 100 lbs of explosives going off under your track is not going to do
anything
> to raise morale -- directed or not.  Against lightly armored vehicles
(2 or
> less) I would say you'd pretty much instantly have a mobility-kill
situation
> on your hands.

Tell you what I can do.  I can suggest a practical experiment.

Go find 100lbs of fertilizer.  Dig a hole in your (hopefully paved)
driveway big enough to fit all of it, and figure out how to camoflage
it well enough that it is not easily seen from a distance.  Then
imagine trying to do that on a route patrolled by people who will kill
you for digging in the road.

You will discover why most IEDs are considerably smaller, and on the
side of the road rather than buried in the center of the road.

For the record, a 155mm artillery shell has 15lbs Net Explosive Weight.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS