Prev: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces? Next: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:43:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

e.  That's old news -- just didn't know if other folks on the list knew
the concept was spreading to other nations.

Damo

I think the first to do it post WWII where the west Germans, built their
APC  the Marder on a Leo I chassis.
But then they had a small area to defend and they wanted protection over
mobility, it's always a trade off.
This sort of thing goes way back, I read somewhere that the Greek
Hoplite equipment was approximately
70lbs that's also the approximate weight of a modern soldier's kit,
around that you make allot of decisions,
more rations or more ammo etc. Some things don't really change.

Don