Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] GW

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:24:31 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] GW

On 7/10/08, Robert Mayberry <robert.mayberry@gmail.com> wrote:

> Give GW their due-- their figures are well-sculpted, well-cast, and
> usually great to pose and customize.

If and only if you LIKE the particular motif of cartoon character that
GW models.

I don't.  It's an artistic choice and hence inherently inarguable.

GW's figures are cartoonish, with exaggerated heads, hands, weapons
that make no sense and are out of proportion to both the character and
their alleged game effects, lots of skulls and spikes in places that
don't work, random chains, oversized costuming (shoulder pads, for
instance), etc.  Their vehicles are heavily stylized and make no sense
either militarily nor mechanically.  .

If that's what you like, you're welcome to it.	But as someone who
prefers a little more plausibility, I'm not required to do so.	I do
NOT have to give them anymore credit than to say, "yes, these are
technically well cast models, which means they are highly detailed
ugly silly models".

Your mileage may vary--as alway when artistic opinions come into play.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!