Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] GW

Re: [GZG] GW

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:44:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] GW

At 2:55 PM +0000 7/10/08, emu2020@comcast.net wrote:
>An excellent point. GW pulled the Squats because they "couldn't" find a
way to make them work in 40K. A very tired and lame answer if you
consider they already had a perfectly usable version of them to begin
with.

My first tournament game, back when the squats were equipped with smoke
grenades and IR goggles, I started tossing grenades first turn. After 1
turn of all the units that had no easy shots, there was a FOG bank. I
then maintained the fog bank and more or less wiped the floor with my
opponent. There ARE ways to make squats a royal PAIN in the arse.

Something better than Las pistols for close combat troops works REALLY
well. Putting them on light rhinos as organic, would have been pretty
ideal I think. Better heavy weapons would have been good too. I had a
ten man unit of heavy bolters. If they'd made a squat version of the
heavy bolter that performed more like a vickers....well.... That'd have
worked well I think.

>Squats was my second army for 40K and I thought their guild mentality
and boker cavalry were the bee's knees. It would not have been a great
stretch for GW to have expanded on these ideas and kept them in the
game. I have a feeling that GW cut them to clean up their product line.

The twin bolter bikes were hard to use on a small board, but the
Multi-Melta equipped trikes were handy though. I did have a problem
where a GM at a tournament allowed an opponent to take firing actions in
MY firing turn because he didn't like the fact the trikes could zip in,
shoot and zip out. This was PRE-overwatch.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] GW Next: Re: [GZG] GW