Prev: Re: [GZG] DS3? Next: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:23:56 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

y,

Your issue with the GW take on collecting is somethign that has formed
over the years with collecting in all forms. Originally things were
collected, because people collected them. Now things are made to be
collected. It is the speculative collection and artificial
colelctibility that GW (among others) is hoping to tap into. The idea is
to convince people that you stuff is collectible or to produce it with
artificial rarity to generate/stimulate collector interest.

-Eli

From: Andy Skinner <andyskinner@rcn.com>

> I didn't expect to post anything to this or related threads, because
I'm kinda