Prev: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!) Next: Re: [GZG] DS3?

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:57:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

I think that for SG, modular vehicles reproducing designs in DS would
be best. I wouldn't buy a 15mm artillery gun just as an objective for
a stargrunt force, but I might buy a spare turret for a generic
chassis that matches my DS figure for that purpose.

On 7/9/08, John Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Well, such units might be less viable/necessary for SG:AC, but I do
want them for DS. So please feel free to not bother in 15mm and make
them in 6mm.  <duck>

> :)

> >> I tend to put the artillery unit on a side table, or behind the
> >> baseline.	I also put out ammo tenders, AA/ADS, CBS, command, and
any
> >> other assets in the unit.	In the event that there a counter
battery
> >> mission, I want to be able to actually move the minis if they're
gonna
> >> scoot.
> >>
> >> Besides, it's a miniatures game.  I want miniatures. :)
> >

> > Excellent! As producers of miniatures, that's what I like to hear!
;-)

> > On a serious note, all the responses to this question do give me
some
> > guidance as to whether it is commercially worth us making actual
minis of
> > heavy artillery, SLAM vehicles and such which are never likely to
appear
> > on the Main Table in a typical game.
> >
> > Jon (GZG)
> >

> >> That all said, I play in 6mm and do DS, not SG.

:)

counterbattery

> >> John K. Lerchey Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information
> >> Security Office Carnegie Mellon University

> John K. Lerchey
> Assistant Director for Incident Response
> Information Security Office
> Carnegie Mellon University

Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113
Robert.Mayberry@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!) Next: Re: [GZG] DS3?