Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:49:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery

But normal artillery survey techniques require fairly good maps of the
area you're fighting over.  The point is that you have to know where
you are and where the enemy is in order to do the math as to how to
get a quantity of explosive from where you are to where the enemy is.
The speed of modern techniques comes largely from computerizing this
process rather than doing manual math or going off paper charts.  If
you don't have a way to do this AT ALL, then you cannot conduct
effective artillery fire AT ALL.

One caveat, if you have ships in orbit, you have the ability to map
the planet quite well I should think.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery