Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: [GZG] SG2 WW2 conversion

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Adrian1 <al.ll@t...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:12:38 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Tom B wrote:
> Adrian said:
>
> Battletech/Mechwarrior has always been a odd idea to me since even
> though it's enjoyable, I can't equate it with a "wargame".  Whenever
> possible, I used my custom built PPG-armed  fast hovercraft to make
> like miserable for the walking targets.
>
> ==> I quite enjoyed the tracklayer with the AC-10. One good headshot
> could really ruin a mecha-driver's day.

It took them years before they added rules that made the head a remote
sensor with the pilot sitting in the torso - heind the heaviest armour.

I never understood why they stuck the pilot in the worst protected bit
of the mech.  It's not like he needs the window given that most of his
sensors are radar and opticals.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: [GZG] SG2 WW2 conversion