Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:44:24 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From Full Thrust (2nd ed rules), page 44:
"Although the game will work perfectly well using counters or other
markers to represent starships..."

And page 45:
"On page 47 you will find a set of counters that represent the ships
used in the Introductory Scenario, [...] The ship counters in particular
can look very effective if the white ship outlines are then coloured in,
perhaps with one of the fluorescent highlighter pens. [...]"

Just a data point. :-)

Umm
That particular rulebook was published a long time ago before the
current range of models was available. GW did the same thing with it's
intro version in WD of battlefleet gothic until it introduced the model
line.
If GZG did a GW and released a FT3 boxed set with the rules and a couple
of fleet packs There would be no need to mention carboard counters.
The fact that you have to go back 10 years to find a counter example
kind of supports my argument.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?