Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@g...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:01:40 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Doesn't sound as if the nose-up-turning is all on one side...

I'm a bit of a Mundane myself, though it depends on what "possible"
means. Mostly I mean "doesn't breach the laws of science as we
understand them today", and not "I'm going to patent it tomorrow".
So, for example, I say no to FTL travel, but yes to hydrogen-
deuterium fusion (we know it is possible, and we know how to make it
happen, but we can't harness it for controlled power-generation or
rocket propulsion).

But hey, the "chanting druids in the engine-room" SF worlds can be
fun too. I enjoyed the Honor Harrington books for example, until the
series broke the cardinal rule of space-opera and became dull (IMHO
of course. Your milage may vary).

Best regards, Robert Bryett