Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:35:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

My first love is the custom, player-created setting. What I love about
SG/DS are that they tend to support a fair amount of flexibility if
you're disciplined about removing options that don't apply in your
setting.

Overly "realistic" rules tend to be boring and show their age quickly.
I'm a fan of hard science fiction, but some license for drama keeps it
fun.

I really don't have any interest in using the system for re-creating
movie or TV series battles, like B5, aliens, SW, etc. Personal quirk.

Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113
Robert.Mayberry@gmail.com

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:49 AM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
>>
>> A quick poll-type question where everyone can chip in with their
opinions:

>> What style(s) of SF ground combat game do you prefer, and why?
>>
>> Possible categories:
>>
>> (a) "Realistic" games that are a serious projection of current
>> technology/tactics/organisation, with a few SF ideas added?
>>
>> (b) Games based in a specific "hard SF" background, true to the
>> source material even if some of it has already been overtaken by Real
>> World stuff (Hammer's Slammers and Aliens are prime examples...)?
>>
>> (c) Games where the background (deliberately) has no connection with
>> our real world,  eg Star Wars?
>>
>> (d) anything else you can think of....?
>

> Depends on my mood. :-)   Which isn't the answer you wanted, probably.
:-D