Prev: Re: [GZG] Question to the list..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

From: Andy Hemming <nonsense_factory@h...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:43:39 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

hi Jon (& list),

I must admit I never even played striker (but I did read the rules!)..

However - we play SG2 with some home brew rules using 4 notional tech
levels and weapons/armor based on traveller thinking.

We have been experimenting with larger low tech/smaller high tech forces
and its worked pretty well, however we have done away with the armor
rolls (using Hyperbear's website rules - very useful) in order to keep
the game flowing faster when dealing with the larger forces the games
have had.

As ever massed fire takes it's toll over time, its really just a case of
getting enough of your rabble around the elite high tech forces and
grinding em down, clearly for the high tech its a case of hit & move..

Its working for us (though I've still to use the zhodani commandoes I've
been threatening my opponent with!)

gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu> From: jon@gzg.com> Subject: [GZG]
Question to the list.....> > Just a quick question to you all, seemingly
OT but actually relevant > to some stuff I'm working on.......> > > Does
anyone out there actually recall having PLAYED a game of the old >
STRIKER II (the Traveller ground combat rules based on Command >
Decision)? I imagine there are lots like myself who have read the >
rules, but how many people actually got the toys out on the table > with
them?> I'm interested in any memories of such games, but especially
anyone > who tried it with unequal tech matchups (eg: small hi-tech
force vs. > larger mid- or low-tech one).> > Jon (GZG)> >
Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win
on eBay today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question to the list..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....