Prev: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale. Next: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:34:22 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

On Fri, June 27, 2008 05:57, Robyn Stott wrote:
> Probably the best thing is to put them in at a smaller scale than the
> ships,
> after all the 'ground scale' is different to the 'model scale', so a
> smaller representation of space habitat may be more appropriate.

GZG did do a space station, I'm assuming they still do.

> I have done planets/moons using large (20cm radius) foam balls cut in
> half, and painted up to represent the surface.

I've done something similar with polystyrene balls, though the
largest I have currently are 10cm diameter:

http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/planets.html

I do need some larger ones for larger planets, and have
actually found somewhere which does them. The larger ones
even come in two halves, which is perfect.

http://www.grahamsweet.com/balls/polystyrene-balls.php

Doing anything around gas giants at the scales I use is
probably impractical unless I can find a really big floor.

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale. Next: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.