Prev: Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer Next: Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer

Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:12:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer

On  Jun08 08, at 10:37, Allan Goodall wrote:

> I hear pretty good things about Mongoose's version of Traveller, which
> is very, very similar to the old black book edition, with a few things
> cleaned up. Marc Miller is confusing things with the release of his
> "5th edition" Traveller (which looks like it's crunchier than
> Mongoose's game). I also haven't seen a whole lot of buzz about the
> game online.

You just don't hang out in the right locations... Traveller has
always been kinda niche market, and with the birth of the web and a
couple of edition changes fandom for it is kinda fragmented. People
are talking, it is just a whole buncha little clots.

> Those who bought it liked it, but there's not a ton of
> love for whatever reason.

It's new mostly, T4 soundly reamed both the fans and the writers
without ever presenting a whole unified game. The base book was fine,
a lot of the support was utter crap. With that there is the wait to
see if the initial release was a fluke, or not.

I for one am mining it for what I like, and not worrying about the
rest, but I'm not right, ifn y'all understand.

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House
Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but
neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that
of any other participant, may be revealed"

Prev: Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer Next: Re: [GZG] Under the Hammer