Prev: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens Next: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens

[GZG] Should have been Re: Bovine rebuttal but ended up being Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:08:59 +1200
Subject: [GZG] Should have been Re: Bovine rebuttal but ended up being Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1

Eli said:

> These are all valid reasonings and definitely make more sense. I have
> considered them all, to be sure, I just wish writers/authors would
also do
> the same. I know in my RPGs players get miffed because I don't do it
like
> they do in the movies/TV.

Wot? You offer them Neapolitan, and they demand Vanilla????

Wow, the power of the media to train us to respond in a pre-programmed
way
:)

Admittedly, watching a space battle taking place in complete silence, or

with just the frantic clatter of keyboard commands being typed, would be

weird, thanks to Star Wars - actually, watching a space battle would be
case of watching little lights, or probability cones, floating about in
holo tank as the computers tried to work out probable positions of ships

based on information seconds old. None of this looking out the view port
of
your Mon Calamari cruiser, pointing, and saying "Here they come". The
latter
does make better television, so for the story's sake, we tone down the
science and wind up the handwavium generator. YMMV.

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens Next: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens