Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:52:42 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Andy Hemming
><<mailto:nonsense_factory@hotmail.com>nonsense_factory@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>Not sure I deserve an opinion - as a relative newcomer and most time
>lurker, but a web forum would be more my cup of tea... not to say
>they don't have their problems, but they have their bonusses too.
>

>Everyone deserves an opinion.
>
>Mine:
>
>Email list: reactive
>Forum: proactive
>
>Takes a lot more time/energy for some of us to be proactive than
>reactive. :-/	 There are so many forums out there that I could
>participate in for a variety of topics and interests, but I simply
>have zero time to do so. So I'm a fan of low-volume email lists for
>this reason. :-)
>
>Mk

I think this has been asked before, but opinions may have
changed...... would it necessarily mean the death of the list if we
had a forum AS WELL? I'd be happy with both running in parallel, so
folks could frequent one, the other or both as choice and time
allowed.

I've had several requests for a forum attached to the GZG website,
which would be fairly simple especially with Jaime's kind (and
longstanding) offer to help run it. But I seem to recall that when
this was last mooted, there were a number of strongly dissenting
voices of the opinion that the list would then fold through lack of
use and we'd lose several old (in list terms!!) and valued members,
so the idea got shelved.

Thoughts now??

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John