Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 05:48:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:33 AM, K.H.Ranitzsch
<kh.ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

>  Though it is far from clear that the EFP mines do come from Iran.

You know, when you find them in caches still in the shipping case and
they were manufactured in Iran and still have the identifying
information stamped on the side, it's downright moronic for anyone to
claim that they are homemade.

Dumbass.

>  Apparently, any competent cobbler can produce the metal disk for the
>  penetrator and the other neccessary metal parts. Explosives and fuzes
>  are readily available in Iraq. For a discussion, see here:

Any competent cobbler can put together a weapon.  But it won't take an
MRAP because your competent cobbler isn't going to get the tolerances
necessary to produce a weapon that good without a shit-ton of
explosive weight.

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies