Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: "Ryan GIll" <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:32:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Bear in mind that at least one of those designes is based on the oshkosh
mtvr which has better cross countey performance than a hmmwv has. One
account I've had from what I consider a reliable source says that the
mtvr had enough reserve performace to out pace the other logistics
vehicles.

For the role of patrolling what the military consifders roads, the
purpose built 5 and 7  ton mine protected vehicles are a far sight
better than up armoured hmmwvs are.

You're not going to get high road speed, cross country performance,
armour, IED resistance that's worth a damn,  decent dismount capacity
AND still be able to go down narrow streets. You just can't pack all
those objectives into a vehicle and still be able to fund it or build it
quickly.

--
Ryan Gill
sent from my treo

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles