Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 20:45:45 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

TomB wrote:

>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/military-adds-armor-to-ir_n_10
1083.html

>Jon (or someone else) should make some wheel models that look like the
>new generation of mine resistant vehicles we're seeing. They look
>pretty interesting.

To me they look pretty much like the modified trucks they are... They're

also big as barns and heavy as hell, which makes them rather
unmanouevrable
- while their limited cross-country performance doesn't matter that much
in
Iraq ATM (not even tracks are very good at crossing canals, marshy areas

and town buildings :-/ ), the MRAPs also have problems with narrow
streets
and similar restricted urban terrains.

I can't recall off-hand if GZG's "Phalanx" and similar vehicles are
V-bottomed; but if they are they could easily be at least as
mine-resistant
as today's MRAPs.

Regards,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles