Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: "Binhan Lin" <binhan.lin@g...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:53:03 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

I think your arguments basically boil down to experience.

Is this scenario is any different than a nervous MP or National Guard
guy
being placed in a bad situation at a bad time - there are many instances
of
improperly trained or equipped troops facing a large mob and then firing
live rounds after being sparked by a bottle or stone, simply because the
troops "felt" they were in danger.  Is a soldier's intuition of danger
any
different than a computer's analytical determination of the situation?
In
both cases, it depends on the "training" or "programming" to make the
correct decision.  Part of mob psychology is shaped by what the police
forces do - if the mob sense fear, it may embolden some to attack.
Throwing
a rock and hitting a person is more morally stimulating than throwing a
rock
and hitting a slab of armored plate. (i.e. this is why armored cars are
so
imposing in riot situations- people know that a rock isn't going to do
squat.)

--Binhan