Prev: Re: [GZG] Genghis Con: Age of Eagles and others Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:39:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

> John Atkinson schrieb:
>
> > bots = "I don't like being limited by morale rules and supressions"
> >
> > IMHO.
> >
> > That may not be why you're saying it.  It's why some people are
saying
> it.
> >
> > It removes a major strength and emphasis of the rules.  A game where
> > robots dominate (and they will, if you allow them to be more or less
> > infantry immune to morale and supression with no balancing
> > disadvantages) will not be Stargrunt.
>
> Robots should be subject to suppression and morale in a fashion
similar
> to other troops.
>
> Why ?
>
> A trooper becomes suppressed when his immediate surroundings become
too
> dangerous to continue with his mission - a robot that ignores this
would
> very soon become a heap of scrap metal.

Going on with this, if you set it up so robotic units do not take
suppression, then they should drop a die type for each suppression
marker
they would otherwise take. So yeah, one can have morale-less units, but
it's
then increasingly easier to hit and disable them.

Least, that's how I see it being game-able.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Genghis Con: Age of Eagles and others Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?