Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008!

[GZG] [SG2] Momentum

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:26:02 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [SG2] Momentum

Background:

I've played quite a few games of Crossfire (CF) both per the rules as
well as using various 1:1 tweaks.  I find the games to be very
dynamic and fun.  CF seems to generate two responses among people who
try it out.  You either get "Love It!" or "Hate It!"  I love it.

For those who have not played CF the basic concept of the rules is
that you continue performing actions until you fail at something or
are suppressed with reactive fire.  "Failure" typically means you
tried to roll to un-pinn or un-suppress one of your stands and failed
to do so.  Other sorts of failure include failing to score a
suppression on an enemy stand when you fire.  There are other sorts
of "failure" but you get the idea.

Reactive fire occurs while you are moving.  If an enemy stand can
draw LOS to your stand as it moves the enemy may open fire on you.
If the enemy fire results in a suppression your stand stops where it
is and initiative passes to your opponent.  Initiative flips back and
forth between the players until the scenario objectives are complete.

The Question:

If you were to apply this concept (which I'll call "momentum" for the
time being) to SG2 how would you do it?

Would you perform single actions with your squads until the opponent
does something for initiative to pass?

Would you keep the game as-is and allow the activating squad the
ability to make a motivation check to continue performing additional
actions?  If this motivation check fails the game passes to your
opponent...., etc.

D.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] First new release of 2008!